Executive Director Application & Job Description, January 2021
NAMI Capital Region NY Executive Directors Job Application and Description
Complete form below to submitt your application, Thank you
NAMI Capital Region NY is advancing it’s reach by hiring an Executive Director. The Executive Director will operate with a full range of authority and responsibility. It is expected that the Executive director will concentrate on the areas in most need to maximize its ability to serve the Capital Region. The Executive Director will maintain the NAMI standard of excellence while directing programs, coordinating volunteers, fund raising, and marketing strategies are among the prioritized jobs. The Executive position is funded primarily by commission from proceeds plus a base salary. Total compensation is expected to reach $80,000 in the second or possibly by the third year. A more detailed review of the projected goals and commissions will be available during the interview process.
The Executive Director will be action-oriented with a strong work ethic, initiative, energy, and tenacity. The Executive Director will possess the personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidence, dedication, positive attitude, adaptability, self-direction with willingness to take direction as needed, and a sense of humor. The successful candidate will have exceptional Interpersonal relationship building, and volunteer management skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people. This position requires excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- This Executive Director will be responsible to operate and build these jobs initially using volunteers then adding staff when possible. It is expected that in the beginning the responsibilities will be less than what is described in the full job description due to the need to dedicate time 1st to building prioritized jobs and departments.
- Support operations and administration of board by advising and providing information to board members, interfacing between board and staff, supporting the development of the strategic plan and annual goals, assisting in the development of organizational policies, supporting nominating committee.
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services by supporting local affiliates, coordinating membership efforts,establishing an evaluation plan, developing new programs to carry out the objectives.
- Manages organization’s resources by recommending yearly budget for board approval, being responsible for the fiscal management of grants and contracts,supporting the treasurer and finance committee to ensure effective policies are developed and enforced.
- Manages the human resources of the organization by hiring and managing staff of the organization, setting performance standards, conducting reviews, ensuring that volunteer training and recruitment activities are carried out.
- Conducts systems advocacy by working with the legislative committee to develop legislative goals and strategy, working with other mental health groups on legislation, overseeing lobbyist activities, participating in coalitions.
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong positive image by serving as the chief spokesperson for the organization, developing and implementing strategies to increase awareness of NAMI and its programs and public perceptions on mental health.
- Assures sufficient funding for the organization by writing grants and by working with the development team to plan and execute annual fundraising activities.